Friday, July 27, 2012

Unable to view TFS Reports in SharePoint Project Portal

After a fresh single server installation of Team Foundation Server 2010, I launched my Team Project Portal and was greeted with this message:

"Cannot create a connection to data source TfsOlapReportDS (rsErrorOpeningConnection)"

Well, I re-started my server and tried accessing it once more--still no luck!

So after doing some research on Google, I discovered that the SQL Server Analysis Services may not be running.

So, I went into the SQL Server Configuration Manager and sure enough, even though the service was set to Automatic, the service was NOT ACTUALLY RUNNING!





So, in any case, I started the service and lo and behold my reports began displaying once more in my Team Project Portal dashboard!  Yeah!!



No comments:

Post a Comment