Wednesday, February 20, 2013

SQL Server Product Key is not valid with SQL 2012 SP1 media

I just recently downloaded SQL Server 2012 with SP1 from MSDN and while attempting to upgrade an existing installation of SQL Server 2008 Express (with SP3), I received the following error message below:





I never received this error message from the original SQL Server 2012 Setup media, so I believed that there was some flaw with the MSDN media I downloaded or specifically the integrated SP1 media that Microsoft had provided.  However, I tried the same upgrade with the SQL Server 2012 RTM media as well which resulted in the same EXACT error message.  I have not been able to resolve it since and have reverted to using SQL Server 2008 R2 (with SP1) media instead to upgrade my SQL 2008 Express (with SP3) instance.

No comments:

Post a Comment