Friday, November 8, 2013

Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome Offline/Standalone Installers

If you haven't noticed lately, Mozilla Firefox has switched to a Stub/Web Installer for downloading the latest releases of their browser platform.  Google Chrome has been doing this for a long time as well, however, their offline/standalone versions have been relatively easy to find.

Well, an online/web installer is only useful if you want to minimize your download and you are guaranteed to have an available Internet Connection.

As for me, Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome are the 2 major browsers that I install on every Windows OS that I own, so it is useful for me to have the Offline/Standalone versions of these browsers.

For Mozilla Firefox, you can download the offline/standalone versions from here: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all/

For Google Chrome, I prefer the MSI Installation to facilitate a quiet/silent install, therefore, I always download the Google Chrome installer from here: http://www.google.com/intl/en_us/chrome/business/browser/admin/

No comments:

Post a Comment