Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Unable to sign in to Visual Studio 2013 on Windows Server 2012 R2

I just recently completed an installation of Visual Studio 2013 on Windows Server 2012 R2

As many developers already know, Visual Studio 2013 now requires activation.

There are 2 ways of activating Visual Studio 2013:


  1. Sign in with your Windows Live ID to activate based on your MSDN account subscription
  2. Enter the Visual Studio 2013 Product Key manually.
Since I also use the synchronization feature for retaining my settings from 1 development environment to another, I decided to try and log in with my Windows Live ID to activate my copy of Visual Studio 2013.

However, after attempting to log in, I received the following error message:



Fortunately, the product key screen continued to work.


I also attempted to log into Visual Studio Online and I received the following error message:


NOTE: With the recent release of Visual Studio 2013 Update 2 and Windows Server 2012 R2 with Update seems to have at least resolved the Visual Studio 2013 Login issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment