Thursday, May 15, 2014

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.IIS.PowerShell.Framework' using AutoSPInstaller

I was recently using AutoSPInstaller to install SharePoint 2013 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 server when I suddenly encountered this error message:


System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.IIS.PowerShell.Framework'


This was very strange because I had used AutoSPInstaller numerous times before and had never encountered this unusual error message earlier.

As it turns out, one of the MAIN differences I noticed was the choice of OS that I was using!!  I normally install SharePoint 2013 on either Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2, however, in this instance I was installing on Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1!!

Well, after doing a search on Google for the error message, I encountered these 2 articles: http://autospinstaller.codeplex.com/workitem/19696

http://chuvash.eu/2013/04/20/autospinstaller-error-while-stopping-the-default-web-site-in-iis/

I had to modify my AutoSPInstallerFunctions.ps1 file with the changes outlined in the articles and I was able to successfully complete my AutoSPInstaller installation!!

NOTE: If you run AutoSPInstaller again after encountering this exception and fixing the corresponding script, you may encounter exceptions/error messages in AutoSPInstaller due to some processes having already created accounts etc., but you should be able to safely ignore them.


No comments:

Post a Comment