Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Missing features in Team Foundation Server 2013 Web Access

I was just recently installing an on-premise version of Team Foundation Server 2013 and when I went into TFS Web Access, I noticed that I could not access all of the features in Team Foundation Server 2013 (particularly Test Case Management) even though I was assigned Project Administrator privileges!

Well, after a bit of digging around, it seems that TFS 2013 introduced some new license management capabilities that were not there earlier (at least in TFS 2010).

First of all, I needed to make sure I was assigned Administrator privileges in TFS so that I could properly administer my Team Foundation Server installation: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb552341.aspx

Secondly, I needed to assign "Access Levels" permission in TFS Web Access so that my developers and testers could use features such as Test Case Management: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj159364.aspx

Once I had assigned "Full" Access Level permissions to all of my users, I was able to view the full set of new features available in TFS 2013!!

No comments:

Post a Comment