Thursday, August 21, 2014

TF53001: The database operation was canceled by an administrator

I was recently working with TFS 2013 Update 3 and I had to undo a Pending Change for a branch I created.  After I performed an "Undo Pending Changes" operation, I suddenly started getting the following error message:


After performing several reboots of my own local machine as well as the TFS Server, the error message still did not disappear!

Well, fortunately, I found this forum posting on this error message: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/vstudio/en-US/50bc5da9-435a-41ff-be5a-7f002ec0347c/tf53001-the-database-operation-was-canceled-by-an-administrator?forum=tfsgeneral

It stated that if I was using an installation of TFS 2013 with SQL Server 2014 (which I was), then I would have to change the database compatibility mode to SQL Server 2014.

By default, it seems that TFS 2013 configures the SQL Server Compatibility mode for its databases to SQL Server 2012.  Once I changed the compatibility mode to SQL Server 2014 and re-booted the TFS Server, this error message went away!

Hooray!!

No comments:

Post a Comment