Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Method Not Allowed error publishing to a Private NuGet Repository

I had recently set up a Private NuGet Repository and when I was attempting to publish my package via Package Explorer, I got the error message "Method Not Allowed".

Well, after doing a bit of digging, I discovered that it was a problem with my IIS Settings and I that I needed to remove WebDAV from my IIS Module and Handler mappings.
 
I could either do that manually from the IIS Management Console or simply add the following entries to my Web.config file:
 
<system.webServer>
    <modules>
        <remove name="WebDAVModule" />
    </modules>
    <handlers>
        <remove name="WebDAV" />
    </handlers>
</system.webServer>


Once I did that, I was able to successfully publish my NuGet packages!

No comments:

Post a Comment