Thursday, April 30, 2015

Unable to download content from Microsoft download sites using Mozilla Firefox and Google Chrome

For quite some time now, I have noticed that I am no longer able to download any content from a wide variety of Microsoft download sites such as this one for SQL Server 2014 Express when I used Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42299

This issue eluded me for a very long time until I recently encountered a problem with rendering a website that had mixed SSL and Http content.  Of course, the Firefox Developer Tools pointed me to this article: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Security/MixedContent

Of course, as you can probably guess, all of these Microsoft download sites are presenting Mixed Content!

This completely prevents me from downloading any of the executables from Microsoft's website until they fix/resolve this issue with all of their websites.

That means, for now, I am forced to download whatever I can through MSDN, or fortunately, a browser like Opera provides me with a prompt regarding the Mixed Content and provides me with an option to Unblock the content to be able to download it!




No comments:

Post a Comment