Thursday, August 20, 2015

Windows Identity Foundation Cross-Browser Compatibility Issues

I was recently building an ASP.NET MVC Web Application using .NET v. 4.5 with Windows Identity Foundation and Forms Authentication based on this article: http://brockallen.com/2013/01/26/replacing-forms-authentication-with-wifs-session-authentication-module-sam-to-enable-claims-aware-identity/

Unfortunately, I discovered a very unexpected behavior!!

I tested the following browsers:

  • Internet Explorer 11
  • Google Chrome
  • Mozilla Firefox 39

When I logged in with Internet Explorer 11 and navigated back and forth between 2 WIF Sites (Development and Staging), I was never being redirected from the Forms Authentication window!




When I logged in with Google Chrome and navigated back and forth between 2 WIF Sites (Development and Staging), I was never being redirected from the Forms Authentication window!  Sometimes, I would even lose my FedAuth cookies!!




However, when I logged in with Mozilla Firefox 39 and navigated back and forth between 2 WIF Sites (Development and Staging), everything worked perfectly!!





If you are also experiencing this issue, please vote on this Connect bug here: https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/1693417

No comments:

Post a Comment