Saturday, July 16, 2016

Failed to delete storage account

I was attempting to delete one of my storage account containers in the new Windows Azure Portal, when I suddenly encountered this error message:



I went to link provided in the error message: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/storage-cannot-delete-storage-account-container-vhd/

This indicated that I needed to switch the Azure Classic Portal in order to rectify this problem!

I needed to go into my Virtual Machines and check the disks and images.

When I initially looked at my Virtual Machines, there were none there!



However, the article further stated that the Disks and Images might still exist so I proceeded to check my Disks:



Sure enough, the disk was still there!  I went ahead and deleted the disk and then moved on to the Images:



Once again, I went ahead and deleted the Image.

Now, when I went back to the new Windows Azure Portal, I tried to delete the storage account and got the successful message: "Successfully deleted storage account"!!

No comments:

Post a Comment