Saturday, July 2, 2016

Generating Xml Comments Documentation using MSBuild

I had a requirement to generate Xml Comments Documentation for my Web API layer using MSBuild and after using the GenerateDocumentation MSBuild Project property as defined in the MSBuild project documentation  https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb629394.aspx), I noticed that the Xml Comments files were still not being generated!

This problem was quite the dilemma and incredibly perplexing since I had already set the Xml Documentation file path for my project:


After doing a TON of research, I discovered that the Xml Documentation files are based on EACH CONFIGURATION!!

Of course, this is what my Release configuration looked like:



That means that you need to configure it for BOTH your Debug AND Release Configurations!!

Once, I also configured the Xml Documentation file for my Release configuration, my Xml Comments documentation was FINALLY being generated!


1 comment:

  1. You can be find professional Microsoft AZ-300 test braindump and AZ-300 braindump Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies study materials

    ReplyDelete