Tuesday, July 19, 2016

We can't install the 64-bit version of Office

I was recently trying to install the 64-bit version of Visio, when I encountered the following error message:


Well, a quick search on Google came up with this search result: http://www.rbrussell.com/2015/12/29/fix-for-microsoft-office-setup-error-please-uninstall-all-32-bit-office-programs-office-15-click-to-run-extensibility-component/

Based on the article, I proceeded to follow the instructions it provided:




I then tried re-installing Visio 2016 on my system and was presented with this new error message:


I noticed there were a few more "Office 16 Click-to-Run" components on my machine so I proceeded to uninstall those as well:


Once those were uninstalled, I STILL received the above error message!

Well, as it turns out, the error message was ACTUALLY a result of having the Retail version of Microsoft Office 2016 installed on my system and I was trying to install the Volume License version of Visio 2016!

Once I attempted to install the Retail version of Visio 2016, the installation worked just fine!



No comments:

Post a Comment